(Cooperation for urban mobility in the developing world) was born from the world conference on the urban transport, organized in Dakar in 1980. It’s an association with international vocation whose objective is to promote sustainable mobility policies through training activities and scientific exchanges on urban and periurban mobility. It is based on knowledge sharing between the developing countries and the countries which industrialized first.
How CODATU achieves this goal ?
- by the promotion of exchanges of information between its members;
- by the organization and the sponsorship of regular seminars, especially international conferences;
- by the coordination of research, studies and experimentation, in particular via its permanent technical and scientific committee;
- by periodic and occasional publications;
- through training activities in partnership with its members.
Last Annual Reports
CODATU why ?
- because, in most of the countries, the cities concentrate today the majority of the population and a significant part of the national economic development;
- because the mobility conditions are an essential element of the quality of the life, which makes improvement of the urban and suburban transportation a major social and political challenge;
- because the efficiency of a city depends on the efficiency of its markets (goods, labour) which mostly relies on the quality of urban transport;
- because the professional and institutional urban transport field is fragmented and local, and that the actors feel the need for an organized way of exchanging experience;
Who joining us?
CODATU involves all the professionals and individuals working in the field of Urban Transport.
The members are representatives of:
- training, consulting and research institutes;
- local organizations and transport authorities;
- engineering companies, industrials and constructors;
- countries or group of countries organized in regional or national committees;