Cerema is a French public administrative institution
administrative public institution focused on six areas of expertise:
– territorial engineering (planning, smart cities, resilience, land, adaptation to climate change, etc.),
– building performance and asset management,
– transport infrastructure, particularly roads,
– the environment and natural risks,
– the sea and the coastline.
Climate change is a marker of Cerema’s activity in each of these fields. Cerema is thus contributing to France’s commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through its contribution to 12 of the 17 SDGs.
With a staff of 2,500 in mainland France and the overseas regions, Cerema deploys high-level expertise internationally, the fruit of 60 years of heritage and the integration of climate, ecological and societal issues (digital revolution, new uses, ageing, etc.).
In every country, it is a partner of choice for local institutions and companies in solving complex problems of sustainable development of territories or requiring multi-thematic skills.