Created on June 03, 2016, the Association of Mayors of Major Cities of Madagascar has as objectives to:
- To represent and defend the interests of the member cities of the Association;
- To support the municipalities in the search for technical and financial partnerships at the national and international level granted by the State;
- To ensure the visibility of Malagasy cities on the international scene;
- Networking the major cities of Madagascar in order to strengthen the development link between member cities.
As a result, it occupies an important place in the institutional framework of decentralisation at both national and international levels.
The association implements all legal measures necessary for the achievement of its objectives, notably
- Organisation of meetings, conferences, seminars or any other gathering;
- Media communication in all its forms;
- Proposes, carries out and coordinates surveys/studies relating to municipal life;
- Conclude partnerships, enter into contracts;
- Solicits funding;