#Postponed# News about the CODATU 2020 Conference in Dakar
Following the CODATU mission in Dakar in January and various preparatory meetings, here is some information concerning the 18th World Conference of CODATU:
– Dates: from 9 to 11 November 2020: SAVE THE DATE!
– Place: Abdou Diouf international Conference Center in Diamniadio, Dakar
– Main topics:
- Digital revolution and urban mobility: what are the development scenarios of actual systems and new opportunities for developing cities? How can South cities “leap-frog” over some stages of mobility development?
- Urban transport system, governance and sustainable economic model (investment and operation): what institutions, what xapacities and what funds to meet the challenges of the future?
- Paratransit: how to successfully professionalize the sector? What are the levers for action to integrate paratransit to a more global, physic and institutional mobility system?
- Urban sprawl and mobility: how to avoid the scenario of a low-density city and make the city accessible for people living in suburbs? How to overcome the difficulties of urbanism-transport integration?
- Active transports: how to develop their part in developing cities?
– New to this edition:
- A Prize for innovation in urban mobility
- A special session for Mayors and mobility Managers of african cities
- Special sessions for private sector
- A session to mark the 40 years of CODATU: how mobility policies have moved in the past 40 years and what are the trends for the future?
- A site visits in Dakar: TER, BRT project, new town
More coming soon! If you have any questions or suggestions, you can contact us at email@example.com