Transport is responsible for about a quarter of energy related CO2 emissions worldwide and plays a central role in the reduction of air-pollution to reach the targets of the Paris agreement of 2015.
The MobiliseYourCity Partnership is a leading global Partnership for systemic and transformative urban mobility planning, facilitating investments and linking local action with the global sustainability agenda (Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement).
The MobiliseYourCity Partnership is supported by the European Commission, the French Ministry of Ecological Transition (MTE), the French Facility for Global Environment (FFEM), and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Construction and Nuclear Safety (BMU), and the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) which are working in collaboration to enable positive global transformation.
Since 2015, the Partnership has gathered a network of 65 member cities and 15 member countries, supported by over 10 Implementing and Knowledge Partners led by AFD and GIZ.
The partnership mainly supports its city and country members by assisting in the preparation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs), National Urban Mobility Policies and Investment Programs (NUMPs) building capacities and engaging regional Communities of Practice through trainings, online platforms, peer-to-peer exchanges, and events.
The MobiliseYourCity Secretariat consists of an international team of 6 people of which 4 financed by AFD, 2 by BMU. The advertised position is financed by the European Commission.
The Sustainable Mobility expert will be based in the MobiliseYourCity Secretariat in Brussels and hired through CODATU. CODATU is one of the founding partners of MobiliseYourCity. It is a French association working in the Global South to promote sustainable mobility policies through training activities and scientific exchanges on urban and peri-urban mobility.
As the Sustainable Mobility Expert, you will be in charge of the consolidation of the Partnership’s methodological framework and capacity development services.
Together with the capacity building officer, you will develop training concepts and deliver capacity building inputs as well as the coordination and moderation of the training events.
Your position as mobility expert will also include the review and content analysis of completed planning material from our member cities in order to capitalise on best practice examples and learned lessons.
- Expand and improve MobiliseYourCity’s methodological framework regarding SUMPs, NUMPs, MRV and financing, as well as ensure its correct implementation and evaluate its use.
- Capitalise on completed SUMPs and best practices from member cities and countries to complement MobiliseYourCity methodological framework and capacity building services.
- Support the communities of practice of MobiliseYourCity in peer-to-peer exchanges and co-creation of solutions to common local challenges.
- Support the delivery of capacity building activities from the Secretariat, in terms of coordination and content creation, including training modules, animation of online and in-person trainings and workshops.
- Provide expertise related to technical urban transport topics, such as transport modelling, data collection, scenario development, measure selection, project costing, etc.
- Link and capitalize with MobiliseYourCity implementing partners and knowledge and network partners (such as GiZ, Euroclima+, AFD, CEREMA, CODATU, ADEME…) as well as other leading initiatives on urban mobility (such as CIVITAS, TUMI,…) to collaborate with them and integrate possible contribution to MobiliseYourCity methodological framework.
- The Sustainable mobility expert will also contribute to the work of the Secretariat, including the organisation of events, outreach and communication, reporting, fundraising and strategy setting.
- You have a master’s degree related to transport and mobility, such as transport engineering, civil engineering, urban design/planning with a specialisation on transport, or similar.
- You are proficient in English. Knowledge of French is an important asset. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- You have relevant work experience on urban mobility and have worked in international teams on policy and/or sustainability related issues.
- You have relevant work experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America.
- You are passionate about sustainable transport and well informed on urban transport related challenges in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- You are a creative, independent, and proactive worker and used to working remotely.
- You are curious, open-minded, and experienced in the communication with high-level institutional partners.
Conditions of employment:
Location: Brussels (mostly home office at the moment)
Duration: one year with the possibility of extension
Starting date: Asap
Qualification: At least 3 years’ experience and graduated in Transport Engineering/Urban Planning with a specialisation on transport
Application: Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including Cover Letter and CV in English
Deadline for application: 31 May 2021
Salary: 31,000K (junior/associate level) -55,000K (senior/manager level) gross annual salary depending on years of experience
Please note that a work permit valid in Belgium is required.
CODATU encourages qualified applications regardless of national origin, ethnicity, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health status or disability.