international meeting for urban professionals since the signing of the Quito agreement, this 9th WUF aims to take stock of the implementation of SDG 11 (Sustainable Development Goal #11: sustainable cities and communities) and the New Urban Agenda.
9th World Urban Forum
from 7th to 13th February 2018
in Kuala Lumpur
Goals of the WUF
- to raise awareness of the issues of sustainable urban development
- strengthen collective knowledge on sustainable urban development through open and inclusive debates, sharing lessons learned and exchange of good practices
- strengthen the coordination and cooperation between the various interest groups and groups created to accelerate the implementation of sustainable urbanization
- gather the contributions of multilateral organizations and interest bearers for reporting on the implementation of the New Urban Agenda (NAU)
Registrations are open. 25,000 participants expected!
- Representatives of the 193 member states (official delegations), ministries, parliamentarians
- Local government representatives
- Organizations accredited by the United Nations
- Civil society organizations
- Professionals, academics, researchers, students
- Promoters, agencies and organizations involved in urban development