Following the CODATU mission in Dakar in January and various preparatory meetings, here is some information concerning the 18th World Conference of CODATU:
– Dates: from 9 to 11 November 2020: SAVE THE DATE!
– Place: Abdou Diouf international Conference Center in Diamniadio, Dakar
– Main topics:
- Digital revolution and urban mobility: what are the development scenarios of actual systems and new opportunities for developing cities? How can South cities “leap-frog” over some stages of mobility development?
- Urban transport system, governance and sustainable economic model (investment and operation): what institutions, what xapacities and what funds to meet the challenges of the future?
- Paratransit: how to successfully professionalize the sector? What are the levers for action to integrate paratransit to a more global, physic and institutional mobility system?
- Urban sprawl and mobility: how to avoid the scenario of a low-density city and make the city accessible for people living in suburbs? How to overcome the difficulties of urbanism-transport integration?
- Active transports: how to develop their part in developing cities?
– New to this edition:
- A Prize for innovation in urban mobility
- A special session for Mayors and mobility Managers of african cities
- Special sessions for private sector
- A session to mark the 40 years of CODATU: how mobility policies have moved in the past 40 years and what are the trends for the future?
- A site visits in Dakar: TER, BRT project, new town
More coming soon! If you have any questions or suggestions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org