takes part of the European project « GoSUMP » selected under the Interreg MED call for proposals. The main project objectives are:
- To animate a « MED Urban Transports Community » to showcase good practices and create synergies between the stakeholders;
- To capitalise the results of the sustainable mobility projects of the Interreg MED programme and to disseminate them.
GO SUMP is a three-year project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund, within the Interreg Med Programme. The partnership is composed by Malaga City Council, EUROCITIES ASBL, AMB – Barcelona Metropolitan Area (Medcities General Secretariat), CODATU – Working for sustainable mobility in developing cities, UNIMED – Mediterranean Universities Union, REC Ljubljana – Regional Environmental Centre for Central and Eastern Europe.
CODATU is the technical partner of the project and will be in charge of preparing data to be transferred, capitalise the results and help to disseminate them.
The 6 projects of the Community are:
- CAMPSUMP (Campus Sustainable University mobility plans in MED areas)
- LOCATIONS (Low Carbon Transport in Cruise Destination Cities)
- MOBILITAS (MOBility for nearly-zero CO2 in medITerranean tourism destinAtionS)
- MOTIVATE (Promoting citizens’ active involvement in the development of Sustainable Travel Plans in Med Cities with Seasonal Demand)
- REMEDIO (REgenerationg mixed-use MED urban communities congested by traffic through Innovative low carbon mobility solutions)
- SUMPORT (Sustainable Urban Mobility in MED PORT cities)
The launch of GoSUMP took place in Malaga from 4th to 5th of April 2017 and enabled all the stakeholders to meet, to define the needs and to find potential synergies among them.
A « community building event » organised by Interreg MED programme also happened on 17th May with participation of the 8 thematic communities of the programme. This day particularly helped to build a common methodology and enhanced links between these communities.
If you are interested to follow the MED Urban Transports Community, please register to the project newsletter. This community aims at developing sustainable mobility in the MED area.
Consult the Interreg MED platform website
See the project presentation video
Download the Project presentation document
Follow the Med Urban Transports Community on twitter: @interreg_gosump