Agence Française de Développement, The Istanbul Policy Center-Sabanci University-Stiftung Mercator Initiative and Marmara University Research Center for International Relations and would like to announce the Call
for Papers for the « Young Scholars Workshop » on « Beyond Special Circumstances: Turkey and Global Climate Change Politics » which will take place on April 16-17, 2015 at the Marmara University Sultanahmet Campus.
In an attempt to go beyond the ‘special circumstances’ discourse and to contribute to filling this knowledge gap, this Young Scholars Climate Policy Workshop aims at providing a space of reflection on Turkey’s case within the global climate change regime as well as linking it to the broader issues.
We seek a wide range of research foci, but potential topics and themes might include:
- Turkish climate change policy: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign policy dimensions and UNFCCC
- Institutions and policy instruments in responding to climate change
- Impacts, vulnerabilities and adaptation in key sectors
- Gender and climate change response
- Energy and mitigation opportunities for Turkey
- Local governance of climate change
- Private sector and climate change
- Ecological conflicts and climate change
- Social movements and climate change
- Climate change narratives and the media
- Climate finance
We particularly encourage graduate students (M.A., M.Sc. and PhD students) and junior scholars as well as senior scholars, practitioners from NGOs and state institutions to present their work. Contributions to this workshop will be considered for publication in an edited volume or a special issue in a high-quality peer-reviewed journal.
Submissions in English and Turkish are welcome. Abstracts around 300 words are invited for the first round on 22.02.2015. Extended abstracts around 800-1000 (max.) words will be requested for accepted submissions by 01.04.2015.
Abstracts (and any inquiries) should be sent to: [email protected]
Please see the details. CallforPapers_BeyondSpecialCircumstances